AWS Re:Invent 2017 report
AWS UG perks
- Use AWS with an unfiltered voice
- Run AWS UG
- Become a Hero ?
- Fly to Las Vegas for free
- AWS Re:Invent ticket is ~1800USD
- Perks like priority access to keynotes
What is AWS Re:Invent ?
- What do we want to hear?
- What is AWS to you?
- OLD: public beta -> production
- NEW: NDA closed beta -> annoucement -> public beta -> production
What I would have liked to see
- Lower prices
- Less Geostricted stuff ! 52 of 126 services are missing from Singapore
- IAM security based on resources and usage
- Golang lambda support!
- Lambda @Edge that's actually useful
- An edge based data store
- SNS improvements, replay
What I got
- Golang lambda (serverless) support I think (had it before with a JS shim)
- Aurora Serverless / DynamoDB Global tables prospect
What I don't really care about
- DymamoDB backup
- Intel atom with a camera
- ML SageMaker (I prefer capturing heuristics)
- Kubernetes / Fargate (ECS somewhat simplified, maybe)
- Stick with AMIs (block level)
- Bloated with tools to bloat (reduce complexity)
- Don't waste time managing base
- If your application is >50 mb.. you are probably doing it wrong
Back to Re:Invent
- Jet lag
- Lots of walking
- Hang over (don't do shots in America)
- My Re:Invent 2017 videos
- I scored at Bubble ball at Re:Play
- I met some great peeps
- Grateful for the AWS sponsorship
Contribute to your UG
Use the left and right arrow keys or click the left and right
edges of the page to navigate between slides.
(Press 'H' or navigate to hide this message.)